Latest news about PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero)
Jakarta - The Air Task Force for Handling COVID-19 together with PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) and related stakeholders established a new procedure for international arrival at Soekarno-Hatta Airport.
Through a new procedure that has been implemented since April 30, 2021, passengers from abroad arriving at Soekarno-Hatta Airport will go through 9 checkpoints to process their arrivals.
The checkpoints are:
1. Passengers fill in their personal and flight data through the Hotel Reservation application in the international arrivals area
2. Examination of health documents by the Port Health Office of the Ministry of Health (KKP Kemenkes)
3. Data collection on international passengers related to quarantine locations
4. Passengers undergo an immigration process
5. Passengers collect baggage in the baggage claim area
6. Passengers undergo a customs clearance process
7. Passengers register at the Hotel Help Desk for the quarantine process
8. Passengers again undergo identification data and quarantine locations conducted by the Airport Police
9. Passengers are picked up by buses to go to the quarantine location with a single pick up point concept. Buses that are allowed to pick up are only those that have been designated
AP II Director of Operation & Service Muhamad Wasid said that this new procedure can be carried out properly by all aircraft passengers arriving from abroad.
"Stakeholders of Soekarno-Hatta Airport under the Air Task Force for Handling COVID-19 will jointly maintain this procedure to work well to help prevent the spread of COVID-19," said Muhamad Wasid.
"Since it was implemented on April 30, 2021, procedures have been implemented properly to ensure that the requirements for international arrivals are met by Indonesians and foreigners arriving from abroad. We are grateful to airplane passengers who have successfully undergone international arrival procedures, "said Muhamad Wasid.
Muhamad Wasid added, "This new procedure is also expected to support the smooth quarantine process for aircraft passengers at a predetermined location, either at the Pademangan Athlete Village or in hotels."
The new procedure is also expected to be implemented at other airports that receive aircraft passengers from abroad.
Chairperson of the COVID-19 Handling Task Force Lieutenant General Doni Monardo said this new procedure was a solution to ensure that international arrival requirements were met by all aircraft passengers from abroad.
"I ask all other airports that accept the arrival of PMI [Indonesian Migrant Workers] and foreigners to imitate Soekarno-Hatta Airport [regarding procedures for international passenger arrival]," said Lt. Gen. Doni Monardo.
Soekarno-Hatta Airport Executive General Manager Agus Haryadi said AP II was ready to support the facility to carry out this procedure.
"We have prepared location facilities and so on in the terminal building for officers of the Port Health Office of the Ministry of Health [KKP Kemenkes] to validate passenger health documents, then passenger data collection facilities by the Airport Police, as well as other facilities."
As is known, passengers from abroad must comply with health protocols such as showing a COVID-19 test result letter and quarantine according to Circular Number 8 of 2021 concerning International Travel Health Protocol during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Number 9 of 2021 concerning Quarantine Places, Isolation and Obligations of RT-PCR for Indonesian Citizens Who Travel International.
As for April 25, 2021, travelers from India are prohibited from entering Indonesia. Indonesian citizens who have lived or visited India within 14 days are allowed to enter Indonesia with strict health protocols, one of which is quarantine for 14 days.